Notes to editors
* NEX-VG10E customers can download the firmware upgrade from http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/camcorders/hd/msc/msc.aspx?&m=NEX-VG10E.
* System requirements [PC]: Windows XP SP3 (64-bit and Starter editions not supported); Windows Vista SP2 (Starter edition not supported); Windows 7
System requirements [Macintosh]: OS X (Ver.10.5 and Ver.10.6).
[PC/Mac] Hard disk space: min. 200MB / RAM: min. 512MB.
Upgrade requires USB cable connection between computer and NEX-VG10E.
* Autofocus function is supported with these A-mount lenses:
· DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM [SAL1855]
· 28-75mm F2.8 SAM [SAL2875],
· DT 55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM [SAL55200-2]
· DT 30mm F2.8 Macro SAM [SAL30M28]
· DT 35mm F1.8 SAM [SAL35F18]
· DT 50mm F1.8 SAM [SAL50F18]
· 85mm F2.8 SAM [SAL85F28]
· Vario-Sonnar T* 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM [SAL1635Z]
· Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM [SAL2470Z]
· Distagon T* 24mm F2 ZA SSM [SAL24F20Z]
· 70-200mm F2.8 G [SAL70200G]
· 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM [SAL70300G]
· 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM [SAL70400G]
· 300mm F2.8 G [SAL300F28G]
* AF support also requires firmware upgrade for optional LA-EA1 Lens Mount Adaptor. With an A-mount lens attached to NEX-VG10E, autofocus takes approximately 2 to 7 seconds. Actual AF time with A-mount lens may vary depending on the subject and shooting conditions.
* There is no possibility to use continuous AF with A-mount lenses in movie and still mode
* To avoid recording mechanical noise during AF operation, Sony recommends use of a stereo microphone (sold separately) with stereo-mini plug (e.g. ECM-CG50).