Thanks to the new BRAVIA™ 4K Ultra HD TVs from Sony, this year’s Oscar nominees need to prep for the closest of close-ups
Sony has unveiled three red carpet-ready beauty looks, using new make-up application techniques to help the wearer stand proud in the face of the most detailed picture quality technology – 4K. Designed by celebrity make-up artist Aimee Adams, the looks are designed specifically to withstand the advent in BRAVIA 4K Ultra HD TVs, that show four times the detail of Full HD.
Adams used her experience painting the famous faces of everyone from Helen Mirren, Michael Fassbender, Ralph Fiennes and Robert-Downey Junior, to Rachel Weisz and Sienna Miller, to bring to life looks that support the advances in detail, colour and contrast brought by 4K technology. Whilst HD make-up has been on the lips of every beauty buff for a while, 4K TV now means that it is possible to watch movies in our living rooms in more detail than ever before. With 8 million individual pixels and clever picture processing technology, the new 4K TVs from Sony analyse and refine images to sharpen details and enrich colours, bringing the most lifelike picture on the market.
With this in mind, Adams focussed on 2015’s top-tipped Oscar nominees, all of whom will be relying on intricate make-up application to ensure they look their best. The looks - which all reflect the increased importance given to colour, detail and contrast as a result of the advent of 4K technology - were applied to a redhead in a nod to Julianne Moore, a brunette for Felicity Jones, and a blonde in the style of Rosamund Pike.
Incidentally, 4K make-up is something that Rosamund Pike in particular will be familiar with, given that her Oscar-nominated film Gone Girl was shot in 4K. Adams created a ‘golden girl next-door’ 4K look for her, whilst adding a strong dash of colour with a red lip to the Julianne Moore inspired look. Meanwhile, Felicity Jones inspired a sultry, smoky eye, contrasted with a nude lip.
Make-up artist Aimee Adams said ‘The advent of 4K technology means one thing for our Hollywood beauties, a spotlight on their imperfections! This makes the prep, as well as the actually make-up application, extremely important. This year’s Oscar nominees will certainly be relying on these techniques to keep them camera-ready this Sunday, so I am delighted to share my secrets with other women.’
Gildas Pelliet, Head of Marketing, Sony Europe, said: “Sony 4K TVs really do excite the senses with stunning pictures, heightening the effect of every scene. The sheer level of detail, true to life colour, and contrast mean the viewer can almost be transported into the film itself. Watching a movie on a 4K TV you feel every emotion and expression, from the detail in the face to the sentiment in their eyes.”
2015 4K Ultra HD BRAVIA™ TVs from Sony will be available to buy from Spring, bringing superior picture quality to ultra slim design and a super smart experience with Android TV.
TV key features:
- 4K TV has over 8 million pixels which mean it is four times the detail of Full HD (1080)
- All content is upscaled to near 4K and transforms your viewing experience like you've never seen before
- New X1 Processor uses clever picture technology to refine images and sharpen detail
- TRILUMINOS Display offers a wider spectrum of colour and a greater sense of depth so you feel like you are inside the screen
- X-Reality PRO is the detail enhancer that upscales every pixel so that individual parts of each scene are analysed and matched with a special image database for supremely lifelike detail
- Extended Dynamic Range is the precision contrast enhancer that reproduces deeper blacks and brighter peaks
- Enrich your viewing enjoyment and effortlessly control your TV with your smartphone or tablet thanks to Android TV
- Design gets thinner with the X90 that is the world’s thinnest 4K TV at just 4.9mm thin, it’s a work of art
Witness the amazing detail of 4K by visiting your local Sony centre or nearest retailer.
Sony Corporation is a leading manufacturer of audio, video, game, communications, key device and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. With its music, pictures, computer entertainment and online businesses, Sony is uniquely positioned to be the leading electronics and entertainment company in the world. Sony recorded consolidated annual sales of approximately $75 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014. Sony Global Web Site: http://www.sony.net/