Sony announced the launch of pre-orders for the BRAVIA XR MASTER Series Z9 8KJ Full Array LED TV, which takes visual entertainment to the next level with immersive 8K and the revolutionary Cognitive Processor XR.
Sony’s BRAVIA XR Z9J 8K HDR Full Array LED TVs are available for pre-order now in select European countries. These advanced TV sets are a part of the BRAVIA XR range and boast the new Cognitive Processor XR™, which employs a completely new processing method going beyond conventional AI, designed to replicate the ways humans see and hear. Bearing the MASTER Series label, the Z9J TVs meet the strict criteria of Sony’s top engineers and make beautiful images a reality.
When we see objects, we unconsciously focus on certain points. Cognitive Processor XR™, powered by cognitive intelligence, divides the screen into numerous zones and detects where the ‘focal point’ is in the picture. While conventional Artificial Intelligence (AI) can only detect and analyse picture elements like colour, contrast and detail individually, the new Cognitive Processor XR can cross-analyse an array of elements at once, just as our brains do. By doing so, all elements are adjusted in conjunction with each other for best final outcome, so everything in the scene is synchronised and lifelike – something that conventional AI cannot achieve.
Cognitive Processor XR can also analyse sound position in the signal so the sound matches precisely with what’s on the screen. In addition, it upconverts any sound to 3D surround sound, to deliver supreme realism with an immersive soundscape. It learns, analyses and understands unprecedented amounts of data and intelligently optimises every pixel, frame and scene for the most lifelike picture and sound Sony has ever delivered.
BRAVIA XR MASTER Series Z9J 8K HDR Full Array TVs lets you enjoy 8K pictures that feel deep, natural and real. Sony’s revolutionary processor uses human perspective analysis to cross analyse and optimise hundreds of thousands of elements in the blink of an eye. Combined with the precision of a Full Array LED panel, pictures pop from the screen with deep blacks and ultra-bright light. The TV’s minimalist one slate design embraces the screen in a single pane of glass that’s naturally elegant and keeps you focused on the picture. The Z9J is a TV that looks and sounds beautiful, whether on a stand or mounted on a wall.
BRAVIA XR MASTER Series Z9J 8K HDR Full Array TVs feature the exclusive BRAVIA CORE™ service. Pre-loaded on all new BRAVIA XR models, users can enjoy a selection of the latest SPE premium and classic titles and the largest IMAX Enhanced collection. BRAVIA CORE is the first in the industry to feature Pure Stream™ technology, achieving near lossless UHD BD equivalent quality with streaming up to 80 Mbps.
The Z9J TV is a great proposition for gamers, too, delivering the support of multiple HDMI 2.1 features, such as 4K 120fps, VRR and ALLM, for smooth and responsive gameplay when connected to a next-generation console.
Pricing and availability
The BRAVIA XR MASTER Series Z9J 8K HDR Full Array LED TVs in 85 inches are opening for pre-orders now in select European countries, with deliveries expected in May. The 75-inch version is expected to go on sale in June. For more information, please check your local Sony site at www.sony.eu.
- Cognitive Processor XR understands how humans see and hear, providing a revolutionary experience that completely immerses viewers in their favourite content
- Combined with the precision of a Full Array LED panel, XR Triluminos Pro, XR Contrast Booster and XR 8K Upscaling delivers supreme 8K realism with deep blacks and intense brightness
- Latest XR Motion Clarity technology cross-analyses data to ensure action stays smooth, bright and clear with no blur
- X-Wide Angle technology provides vivid real-world colours from any angle while retaining more brightness
- Acoustic Multi-Audio technology delivers cinematic surround sound and accurate sound positioning, providing pictures and sound in perfect harmony
- BRAVIA CORE™[i]: In collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), BRAVIA CORE™ is where entertainment meets technology and was developed to add value and showcase unique Sony experiences. Pre-loaded on all new BRAVIA XR models, users can enjoy a selection of the latest SPE premium and classic titles[ii] and the largest IMAX Enhanced collection. BRAVIA CORE is the first in the industry to feature Pure Stream™ technology, achieving near lossless UHD BD equivalent quality with streaming up to 80 Mbps[iii]. Learn more about this collaboration here: https://www.sony.net/bravia-core
- Quick access to an array of content and services with Google TV[iv]
- Easy connectivity to most devices, including Apple® AirPlay® 2 and HomeKit™[v]
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Hands-free voice search works alongside Google Assistant to provide a smarter viewing experience
- X-Anti Reflection minimises reflection for a distraction-free viewing experience
- HDMI 2.1 feature compatibility, including 4K 120fps, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR)[vi], Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and eARC
- Support for Dolby Vision® HDR and Dolby Atmos® immersive audio will transform entertainment with ultra-vivid picture quality and incredible moving sound[vii]
- Ambient Optimization optimises picture and sound quality in any environment
- Minimalist one slate design embraces the screen in a single pane of glass that’s naturally elegant and keeps viewers focused on the picture without distraction
- Three-way stand provides three stand position options, including a narrow position for a smaller footprint, hero position to eliminate distractions and sound bar position to elevate the TV and integrate a soundbar system
- Netflix Calibrated Mode offers studio-quality Netflix content, and IMAX® Enhanced™ delivers IMAX remastered picture and immersive audio by DTS[viii]
- Calman® Ready offers advanced calibration capabilities and the ability to fine-tune adjustments simply not possible through conventional picture settings
[i]Countries and availability to be confirmed.
[ii] Number and selection of titles differ by model and subject to change.
[iii] BRAVIA CORE features Pure Stream™ which offers streaming between 30 Mbps – 80 Mbps. To access Pure Stream™ at 30 Mbps, you must have a minimum internet speed of 43 Mbps. To access highest quality Pure Stream™ available at 80 Mbps you must have a minimum internet speed of 115 Mbps. BRAVIA CORE is not responsible for network restrictions or available bandwidth. Network service provider restrictions and terms may apply.
[iv] Google TV integrated services are subject to terms and conditions and may change or terminate without notice.
[v] Apple® AirPlay® 2 and HomeKit™ features will be available on FY19 models ZF9, AF9, ZG9, AG9, XG95, XG85 (85", 75", 65" and 55") / FY20 models ZH8, A9, A8, XH95, XH90 / FY21 models Z9J, A90J, A80J, X95J, X90J, X85J, X81J/X80J. AirPlay 2 and HomeKit features require an iOS device running iOS 12.3 or later or a Mac running macOS 10.14.5. Apple, AirPlay, HomeKit, iPhone, iPad, Mac, and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
[vi]VRR requires firmware update.
[vii]Consumers can enjoy movies and TV shows in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos from compatible streaming services such as Netflix through the TV’s native streaming apps or via a compatible streaming media player connected to the TV via HDMI. Requires HDMI® cables sold separately.
[viii] Netflix streaming membership required. 4K Ultra HD availability subject to your Netflix subscription plan, internet service, device capabilities, and content availability. www.netflix.com/termsofuse
About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is responsible for the Electronics Products & Solutions (EP&S) business in the Sony Group. With the vision of "continuing to deliver Kando and Anshin to people and society across the world through the pursuit of technology and new challenges," Sony will create products and services in areas such as home entertainment & sound, imaging, and mobile communications. For more information, visit: http://www.sony.net/