- The world’s slimmest, lightest and only waterproof tablet for ultimate portability
- The world’s first tablet display with Live Colour LED2 for the best entertainment viewing experience
- The world’s first digital noise cancelling technology built into a tablet3 for a truly immersive sound experience
- The world's fastest processor in a tablet4 featuring the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 801 processor combined with Sony’s leading battery performance
- Unique accessories to further enhance your tablet experience for work and play
24th February 2014, Mobile World Congress, Barcelona – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) today set a new standard in tablet innovation with the Xperia Z2 Tablet – the world’s slimmest and lightest waterproof tablet with Sony’s best ever entertainment experience.
“The Xperia Z2 Tablet represents the pinnacle of tablet innovation and is a true flagship in our premium line. We have evolved our cutting-edge design to create the slimmest lightweight tablet matched with Sony’s latest technologies to deliver a unique user experience.” said Kunimasa Suzuki, President and CEO, Sony Mobile Communications. “And with our new range of dedicated accessories, you can further now enhance your tablet experience whether for work or play, at home or on the go.”
Unbeatable viewing experience
The Xperia Z2 Tablet is the world’s first tablet display with Live Colour LED display, providing bright natural colours and perfectly sharp images in any light thanks to Sony’s latest BRAVIA TV technology expertise. The 10.1” Full HD TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile is matched with Sony’s new Live Colour LED technology resulting in colours that have never been so real, more natural or so true to life. Add to the Sony’s unique X-Reality™ for mobile intelligent engine that analyses each image for optimal colour, sharpness and contrast while super resolution reproduces lacking pixels to ensure you get the ultimate viewing experience every time.
Best ever sound experience
The Xperia Z2 Tablet offers the clearest sound quality with Sony’s Front Surround™ audio technology that lets you enjoy dynamic sound. And now you can enjoy uninterrupted audio when you’re on the move, even on noisy trains or planes, thanks to the world’s first digital noise cancelling technology built into a tablet that reduces ambient noise by up to 98% when paired with the MDR-NC31EM Noise Cancelling headset.
The world’s slimmest and lightest waterproof tablet
With Xperia Z2 Tablet, Sony has developed a tablet that is both beautifully sleek and portable. Using premium materials, every single detail has been carefully crafted to create the world’s slimmest (only 6.4mm) and lightest (only 426g for Wi-Fi model and 439g for LTE/3G model) waterproof tablet on the planet, making it extremely portable and comfortable to hold, even with just one hand. Sony’s acclaimed OmniBalance design creates an elegant shape that is delightfully slim yet reassuringly solid, providing balance and symmetry in all directions for a comfortable hold and beautiful look from all angles. And as you would expect from Sony, this lightweight beauty is also entirely waterproof taking every day life in its stride.
Best ever tablet entertainment
“What’s New” app helps you discover new and recommended movies, music, games and apps for enjoyment on your Xperia Z2 – all accessible from an informative and interactive widget on the home screen.
- “WALKMAN®” and Movies applications provide access to more than 25 million songs on the “WALKMAN®” app through Music Unlimited5 and tens of thousands of movies and TV series on the Movies app through Video Unlimited5 from Sony Entertainment Network.
- The Album app with PlayMemories™ Online6 makes it easy to securely upload, share and enjoy all of your photos and videos across your favourite Sony devices.
- Exclusive entertainment content offer6: Get 6 blockbuster movies from Sony Pictures including Captain Phillips and 30 days free trial from Music Unlimited.
Further enhance your entertainment experience with the latest tablet accessories. Create a Full HD TV style viewing experience with your tablet with the BSC10 Bluetooth® Speaker dock with Magnetic Charging Pad that lets you enjoy all your online and offline entertainment content with superior sound - all whilst charging. The BRH10 Bluetooth® Remote with Handset Function adds full multimedia remote control functionality to your movie and gaming experience, as well as easy call handling via IP telephony or voice calling (LTE/3G variant only). Turn your tablet into a gaming console experience with Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK®3), which brings the most intuitive PlayStation® style game play entertainment straight to your tablet.
The world’s most powerful tablet3
The Xperia Z2 Tablet features the fully integrated Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 801 processor with 2.3 GHz processor quad-core Krait CPU that delivers high performance without draining the battery. Enjoy immersive multimedia experiences with stunning visuals and 3D gaming thanks to the enhanced graphics capabilities of the latest Adreno™ 330 GPU.
Xperia Z2 Tablet can also spend less time charging with the integrated Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 technology, which enables devices to charge up to 75 percent faster than devices without the fast charging technology. The large 6000mAh lithium polymer battery, together with Sony’s leading Battery STAMINA Mode, provides up to 10 hours of uninterrupted multimedia usage and more than 100 hours music playback without having to recharge your battery.
A tablet that means business
Turn your tablet into a laptop with the BKC50BT Bluetooth® Keyboard and Tablet Cover Stand that connects to your tablet for the ultimate laptop experience.
The inclusion of OfficeSuite Pro 7 means you can view, edit and share native Microsoft Office files giving you the flexibility to work where and when you need to. The robust security architecture of the Xperia Z2 Tablet safeguards both your corporate and personal data, while at the same time providing support for multiple accounts that are quick and simple to set up. And if you’re new to Xperia or simply upgrading, then Xperia Transfer is the simple and easy way to seamlessly transfer your contacts, photos, bookmarks, apps, messages and much more from your existing Android or iOS tablet, swiftly and securely.
High quality photos and videos with integrated Xperia camera apps
Capture HD photos and videos in any light condition with the Xperia Z2 Tablet’s 8.1MP camera with Exmor RS™ for mobile. Superior Auto mode combines Scene Recognition with high quality and high performance image processing technology such as HDR and noise reduction to automatically capture the moment with the optimal settings. Perfect for video calling, the 2.2MP front-facing HD chat camera is ideal for catching up with family and friends. The pre-loaded suite of Xperia camera apps adds an extra dimension of fun and creativity to the camera experience.
Xperia Z2 Tablet key features summary:
- 10.1” Full HD TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality™ for mobile engine delivers a superb viewing experience
- S-Force Surround™ Sound and Digital Noise Cancelling for unrivalled audio quality
- World’s slimmest (6.4mm) and lightest (426g for Wi-Fi / 439g for LTE/3G) waterproof (IP55/IP58) tablet for ultimate portability
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2.3 GHz quad-core Krait CPUs, 3GB RAM, 4G LTE and Battery STAMINA Mode for fast, lasting performance
- Available in black or white colour variants
The Xperia Z2 Tablet will launch globally from March 2014.
For the full list of Xperia Z2 Tablet specifications, click here.