Having listened carefully to feedback from our valued customers, Sony is pleased to announce a firmware update to its industry-leading noise cancelling truly wireless WF-1000XM3 headphones. This new 2.0.2 firmware now includes improvements that allow:
- Amazon Alexa support
- Volume control via the headset
- Visible battery level of the charging case in the Sony | Headphones Connect app
The firmware is downloadable from 26th November from the Headphones Connect app.
The Headphones Connect app is available for free on Google Play or App Store.
- An android device (v5.0 or later) or an Android device (V5.0 or later) or an iOS device (iOS 11.0 or later*)
- NOTE: If you are using iOS 13.1, please update to iOS 13.2 or later and then perform the update.
- An active Internet connection
- The latest version of the "Sony | Headphones Connect (v6.0.0 or later)" application must be installed.
- The headphones must be connected to your Android or iOS device.
Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Alexa is not available in all languages and countries/regions. Please check https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202207000 for an overview of availability by country (English language)
About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is a creative entertainment company with a solid foundation of technology. From game and network services to music, pictures, electronics, semiconductors and financial services - Sony's purpose is to fill the world with emotion through the power of creativity and technology. For more information, visit: http://www.sony.net/